Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted. Things have been crazy, but that's how it usually is around the holidays, right?

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the prep for and anticipation of Christmas, but as far as the actual day itself, Thanksgiving wins every time. I think it's because for a day we all stop and remind ourselves of what we have. There is no other pretense. Just spend time with loved ones and appreciate your life. It doesn't get much better.

Here's this year's thankful list with serious and silly items, for all of which I'm very grateful:

1. My family, as always. I don't like all of them, but I love every last one and am so glad we're a fairly tight-knit unit.

2. My friends, who are my family.

3. My job, which gives me the freedom to be creative and the security to make rent.

4. Coffee, which makes even the worst times just a little bit better.

5. My talent. That might sound conceited, but I don't mean it that way. I truly value my imagination and the ability to play with words.

6. Books, and also my book club, who are some of my favorite people on the planet.

7. Weight Watchers, which has helped me lose 15 pounds in the past month. (I know!)

8. Ian Somerhalder. Good Lord.

9. My health, which has stayed with me even though I haven't given it much genuine consideration until recently.

10. Mexican food, and the ability to make it myself.

11. Nature. I love being outdoors.

12. The Clinique skin care line, even though my forehead is rebelling against it at the moment.

13. Movies. Like books, they let me escape.

14. Tequila. Yum.

15. Hope. I'm still holding onto it for things I want that I don't have yet.

That's good for now. I might be inspired to write more. If not, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment