Wednesday, November 3, 2010

National Novel Writing Month

November, along with having my favorite holiday and the lovely Fall Back I've been waiting for, also is National Novel Writing Month.

There is a movement for writers to start and finish a 50,000-word novel in one month. One. Month.

That's crazy talk. I don't have the time for that! Especially not with the kind of novel I'm writing. That requires research and lots of alone time, all of which, in my case, has to happen before and after work hours. If I didn't have the job? Totally down for it.

The idea to start writing, though, is timely for me since I'm working on a new concept as we speak. (I know I say that a lot. I make no apologies for the amount of crap rolling around in my head. It comes out when it wants. I'm just the messenger.) I'm excited about it, so hopefully the momentum to keep writing it out will continue.

Happy November! It's going to be a good month. I can feel it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment