Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Laura Ingalls Wilder

You get a bonus post!

Lately I've been talking a lot about Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of the "Little House" series, which was my favorite when I was a kid. I want to take a road trip to visit her homes and the museums/sites set up for her in Missouri and South Dakota. Geeky? Yes. But I love her. (Have I told you the story about the name Laura Jo? I can't remember. I'll tell it another time.)

So last night I was reading info on the site for the museum in Missouri, and here is a quote from a letter of Laura's that they have posted. I will preface by saying that she's talking about all the changes she's seen in her life, all the advancements people and technology have made, and what, in her mind, is most important in life:

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with the simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."

Love her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment