Monday, January 18, 2010

Hanging my head in shame...

...because I am doing a shameful job of updating this blog frequently.

The Golden Globes were yesterday and while I find most awards shows really REALLY boring (get to the point, already, geez!) I admit that I often practice my own acceptance speech.

Because I'm going to win the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, you see.

It will go something like this:

[Obligatory comment of disbelief.] "Thank you so much to the Academy. Thank you to my parents, my sister and the rest of my family and friends back home in [insert hometown] for supporting me no matter what. I love you all so much.

Thank you to [agent], [list of people at the production company], [list of cast/crew] for turning my words into such a beautiful work of art.

But most of all, thank you to my dear friend [insert friend's name]. You trusted me as a friend when you needed to share what you were going through, and you trusted me even more when I told you I wanted to write that story down. I love you forever and share this with you. And if this has helped you, or comforted you in any way... if this has helped or comforted anyone out there who may be affected by [insert subject of movie] in any way... then I gladly accept this and share it with all of you. Thank you."

Then I'll do that awkward thing where I turn the wrong way and have to be directed to the correct stage exit. Because I would do that.

So yeah. Be on the lookout for that... someday.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, you're awesome and I'm sure you have a better sense of stage direction than you think.

    ReplyDelete