Saturday, July 30, 2011

Movie Review: "Cowboys & Aliens"


I wasn't expecting very much from this movie, but I guess some part of me thought Jon Favreau was awesome enough to make a ridiculous-sounding movie at the very least fun and, you know, have a plot. But no. No, no. It's just ridiculous.

It starts reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally slowly, then about halfway through there's a twist that's just kind of stupid, and along the way there are two conflicts that are supposed to be serious but instead feel like the screenwriter just needed to crank out extra pages. And the end is predictable slash boring.

The one piece of silver lining: There's lots of Daniel Craig and some Sam Rockwell to ogle. And they're wearing cowboy duds and cowboys are ALWAYS hot (unless they're playing football, in which case they are usually a disappointment. Looking at you, Tony Romo.)

Wait for this one to come out on DVD and then rent it from your nearest Red Box for $1. I was annoyed at the matinee money I spent on my ticket today.

No comments:

Post a Comment