Tuesday, June 14, 2011

5 foods I won't share with anyone

I totally hijacked this post subject. See the original piece here.

This is somewhat difficult, because the food I love the most is the food that's served on a grand scale: My dad's barbecue, my grandma's chicken mole, my family's tamales... all made in mass quantities to feed the dozens of us who gather for the occasion.

These are generic answers, but they're all I can think of:

1. Fries/tots

It drives me bananas when people pick fries or tots off my plate. I never let them know, because I certainly don't need to eat them all myself, but my instinct is to slap their hands away. MINE.

2. Milkshakes

If I shell out the extra $3-$6 for a quality milkshake, no, you cannot have a sip. Instead you have to endure watching me have the whole thing AND listen to the yummy noises I make while doing so.

3. Popcorn

I don't get this at the movies that often anymore, but when I do I want my own bag. There's something so gross about multiple people reaching their grubby fingers into a community bag.

4. Salad

This seems like a silly one, but there is logic at work: Odds are, if I've ordered this I'm going to be hungry again in about an hour. Please let me eat it all, and don't judge me for scraping up the last scraps of toppings, either. Hungry Stefanie is not fun.

5. Sushi

Same reasoning as salad. Anybody who claims to be full off of one roll is LYING. I always order sushi with either spring rolls or edemame or something to help fill me up. So, no, I will not share.

No comments:

Post a Comment