Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's amazing what a little walk will do

Today was a good day at work. I got something accomplished that I really enjoyed doing, went to lunch with a friend I haven't seen in a while, and then took a quick mid-afternoon field trip to Starbucks for a snack.

There are two Starbucks within a quarter-mile radius of my office. One is in the mall and one is not. I choose to visit the one that is not in the mall, because it's bigger, prettier and far less crowded. Because it's still hotter than Hades here, I opted for my hot weather drink: Tall green tea frapp, no whip. (While I love pumpkin spice lattes -- tall, nonfat, no whip -- the most, it's just too hot. I look forward to the cooler weather when I can enjoy them comfortably.) And I got an oatmeal cookie.

Besides the yummy snack, I found the round trip nice. It was hot and I was sweaty and gross by the time I got back to my desk, but I think the change of scenery did me good. I was in a great mood. I even waved at tourists floating along on a river barge as I walked across the bridge above! I never do that! :)

Perhaps when the weather cools down more (I really can't come back dripping every day. It's just gross) I'll make the excursion a daily ritual. Not to Starbucks, necessarily, but maybe around a few blocks, just to see what I see. I think it's a good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment