Sunday, March 7, 2010

Book quote

Sometimes I'll buy books from the clearance shelf at the bookstore without knowing anything about them or their authors. I find some great stuff that way. I also find some stuff that I don't end up caring about at all.

One book I got a couple of years ago was "A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray. It's apparently the first in a trilogy, which I did not know until recently. I have no intention of reading the other two books, because this one didn't really do anything for me. (Also, Bray is from Texas, but says in the author interview at the back of the book how much she hated it and wanted to escape. Shame on her.)

However, there are a couple of lines Bray wrote that really resonated with me. I think they say perfectly the way I feel about certain things in my life:

"I fear I will always have to chase the things I want. I'll always have to wonder whether I'm truly wanted or whether I've just been settled for."

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment