Friday, May 20, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen

When Jennifer Lawrence was announced as the actress to play Katniss Everdeen in the movie adaptations of The Hunger Games series (here's my write up on the books), I had a problem with it. Not because I don't think she can act the role. Because, well, look at her!





She's a freakin' bombshell! Katniss is dark and semi-starved and kind of a badass. Still, I decided to hold off on full judgement until actually seeing the movie.


Then, Entertainment Weekly put Lawrence as Katniss on their cover.




I take back any reservations I had. She looks awesome. (Still not completely sold on Josh Hutcherson as Peeta or Liam Hemsworth as Gale, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised there, too.) The movie is still in production, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it comes out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment